The Academic Writing test is 1 Hour long. There are two tasks. Candidates are required to write at least 150 words for Task 1 and at least 250 words for Task 2 Both the responses should be written in a formal style.
Some of the tips for writing sections:
- Display an idea:
On the one hand
To begin with
- To show another idea:
In addition to
- To show an example:
An example of this
- To Show final idea:
5 STEPS APPROACH FOR ESSAY (task 1):
- Analyze the question: Establish exactly what question is about and asking you to do. Pick out keywords and underline them.
- Make a plan: A good plan will help you to write a clear and well organized essay and saves your time.
- Introduction: Paraphrase the entire question and tell the reader directly what you will write in the rest essay.
- Main body: This paragraph tells the reader about the main points about essay in detail, support your main points with examples and explanations.
- Conclusion: summarize your entire main points in conclusion. Re-check your work and you are done.
- Understand how test is marked and so you can give the examiners what they want.
- Paraphrase the given question in your first paragraph.
- Write overview. Pick out 3-4 main features and write about them generally.
- Support the main features that you include in your overview with detail. This should be separate paragraph using accurate data from the chart.
- Check your work. Make sure of no spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Check whether your data is accurate and that you have varied your vocabulary or not.